How to knot your tie
The knot should fit proparly around the collar, but shouldn't be too tight. If the knot of your tie is flat, the knot is probably too large or too loose. Try it again!
Four in Hand
The four-in-hand knot is the easiest way to knot your tie. It gives your outfit a narrow, more discreet and slightly asymmetrical knot. A shirt with a semi-spread collar or a button-down shirt is usually preferred with this type of knot.
The four-in-hand knot can be created in five steps.
- Keep the tie in a position in which the wide section is about 30 centimeters below the narrow part.
- Fold the wide part over the narrow part of the tie. Pass the flap back through (image 1 & 2).
- Fold the wide part of the tie over the narrow part again (repeat image 2).
- Pull the wide part of the tie through the loop of the neck and pass it through the knot (image 3).
- Pull the knot firmly towards your neck, while holding the narrow part of your tie (image 4 & 5).